By Debbie Nicholson, Think-to-INK!
Printers, have we turned dodging obvious responsibilities into an art form? It’s always uncomfortable admitting missteps, however; if we are unwilling to see our faults, manage our weaknesses, and change our way of thinking, 2024 could look the same or worse! We must look back to move forward!
Replace the Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda with: “I will…”
- Lead with a written and accountable vision for short-term and long-term goals.
- Improve Company Culture
- Infuse a sense of purpose to assist in employee retention
- Invest in the development and training of employees
- Commit to transparency from the top down
- Assess and qualify internal processes and procedures
- Live by or re-write the company’s mission or vision statement
- Continuously transform to gain market share
- Have access to the best financial advisors in-house or outsourced
- Hire the best leaders and managers that represent our company values
- Dedicate time and assets to ensure the highest successful project execution for customers
It takes time and motivation to create change and dedication to make the change.
Driving down the road:
Henry Ford said it best “If you Always Do What You’ve Always Done, You’ll Always Get What You’ve Always Got.”
This quote taps me on the shoulder more often than I would like to admit, however, I know if I continue to look forward, I will be open to new and exciting opportunities within our industry. I love being proactive and knowing I am in control of my future, don’t you?
The other side:
Let’s unpack everything that kept us from being successful this year (2023). There is no weight, like a business weight, on your shoulders. It’s time to offload!
Start now, right now – make your mind up that you will take your company and employees to new heights, emphasizing transparency and structure.
If you start making just a few of the changes listed above; you will see the positive changes and that will motivate you through to the next steps.
I am not going to tell you good luck. Luck has nothing to do with it.