By Debbie Nicholson, Think-to-INK!
Vision is having foresight about the future; Planning is having forethought about the future!
Foresight, defined as the ability to predict or action of predicting what will happen or be needed in the future.
Forethought, defined as considering or planning something ahead of time.
We are turning the page again!
Planning for 2023 should already be in place, but if not - here are a few ideas to consider.
- Develop a robust strategy for generating fresh leads by shaping your multi-channel marketing communications around customers’ business drivers. Discover their challenges, then communicate how your company is uniquely suited to help them overcome challenges. This will take some research, but worth the time and effort.
- Determine how you can be more present with your clients and prospects. Ask, “what more can we do to help; how can we be of better service.”
- Develop consistent and defined marketing strategies. Produce your videos in-house – develop a unique style of branding that will lift your company in the community.
- Upsell additional services; prototypes, concept, design, web development, fulfillment, pick and pack, storage, installation, store portals, and more.
- As always, be proactive in touching base with existing customers. Don’t wait for an estimate request – check in to say hi! (Customer Care Call) – that’s a plan!
- Plan and schedule Educational and Continual Learning classes for ALL staff
- Evaluate and explore new equipment to speed up your deliverables and expand your portfolio.
- Develop a leadership team to strategize, make critical decisions, solve internal problems, and set employee and company goals. A leadership team can positively influence the entire company and promote a learning and positive culture.
- Plan for growth and all that comes with it; equipment, space, employees (sales, customer service, administration, production, management), collaboration, and transparency!
- The most crucial plan -- create a positive work environment!
If you are a boss, how can you be a better boss in 2023? A few thoughts!
- Show gratitude for a job well-done face-to-face or as an announcement in a meeting.
- When employees ask questions – don’t use a sharp tone or quick response. Utilize this time as teaching moments.
- Promote appreciation and give regular feedback and praise within the company.
- Share information about the business and be as transparent as possible.
- Recommend learning opportunities and support employee goals.
- Offer professional development and skills needed for growth opportunities.
- Inspire and challenge your employees to be the best they can be.
- Be consistent with employee evaluations and pay increases (quit ghosting)!
- Sometimes, it is just about having a one-on-one conversation.
- Work side-by-side with your employees - that’s real leadership!
If you are an employee, how can you be a better employee in 2023? A few thoughts!
- Adhere, and honor company guidelines.
- Treat everyone with respect.
- Always put your best foot forward.
- Become an expert at your job; learn from seasoned employees and watch educational videos.
- Ask if you can cross-train with other company positions.
- Bring solutions, not problems.
- How can you be more valuable to your company?
- Be willing to change and grow with the company’s goals.
- Own your mistakes – and teach others what you learned.
- Build positive relationships with others.
- Ask, how can I help?
What is your plan for 2023? The Power of Planning begins with you!