An American Printer Commentary
By Andy & Julie Plata
In a previous article, we noted that outside consultants can provide objective assistance to help companies enhance efficiency, market share, personnel, acquisitions, and profits. A good consultant realizes that nobody knows your business better than you do. They know what they have to offer is broad business knowledge and an outside observer’s objective perspective.
Two Consulting Services
Over the years, our marketing and publishing clients often requested our consulting and technical support. In response to increased requests, we launched two new divisions - Strategic Consulting and Technical Support. Both divisions provide access to an impressive array of professionals well-known in the print and CCM industries. See their description here >>>
|Centralized world-wide access to industry-proven expertise.|
The two consulting divisions have a threefold mission:
- Deliver high-value, entrepreneurial solutions to organizations ranging from global enterprises to privately held companies;
- Deploy highly regarded talent to assist clients in solving business and technology challenges;
- Provide Delightful User Experiences in the execution of our engagements.
This article will focus on the Strategic Consulting division. The next article will detail our computer, output, print, and internet services provided under the COPI Support division.
To ensure the best in advisory services, we have assembled an exceptional team of c-level professionals who have founded, managed, expanded, bought, and sold many companies in the print and customer communications (CCM) industries.
We trust our talent pool of known business executives will help allay reservations that may have kept companies from seeking outside assistance.
|“Prescription without diagnosis is malpractice” is as true for consulting as it is for medicine.|
The Strategic Consulting Division executes its engagement strategy in four phases.
- Diagnose: The initial phase is a meeting with the client’s designated team members, clients, and suppliers to diagnose the organization’s unique needs and environment.
- Strategize: Once those critical diagnosis steps are completed, the second phase focuses on developing and vetting solution options.
- Evaluate: Phase three is a meeting with the client’s designated team members to discuss and select among the recommended solutions.
- Implement: If the client decides to use their team members to implement the recommended solutions, we tailor phase four to include scheduled reviews to monitor milestones toward full implementation. When a client prefers our team to implement the recommended solutions, the consultant will manage the process and provide milestone reporting throughout the engagement.
The Customer Delight Focus
We credit our business success over the past three decades on our commitment to providing Delightful Client Experiences. Therefore, Delight Scoring is requested at various stages of engagement. Our consistent scoring initiative allows immediate adjustments to ensure a Delightful Client Experience throughout the project.
Consistent Client Delight requires a process-driven approach to delivering strategic expertise. There is no substitute for genuine “know-how” honed through a progressive track record of meeting real-world challenges.
The Differentiator: Real-World Business Leaders
Why should I consider contracting a consultant from The OutputLinks Group versus other well-known services? The answer is twofold.
First, we provide the agile creativity of a small, entrepreneurial company with decades of success serving organizations ranging from the world’s largest enterprises to owner-operated companies.
Secondly, we provide single-agreement access to a large pool of independent, well-known business leaders matched to a company’s specific project needs.
The Talent Pool
Our decades in print and CCM allowed us to know and work with many of the industry’s most successful leaders. Although many of those people are now retired or semi-retired, they still desire to contribute to the industry they love. So, we invited them to join our talent pool of distinguished consultants.
Consulting resources for printers and hardware/software providers generally fall into one of three categories:
- One or two-person firms that generally provide sales or technology assistance;
- Larger, privately held firms, with a roster of long-term consultants;
- Large enterprise-level firms (Gartner, McKinsey…) with highly skilled senior staff who often delegate execution to junior-level employees.
Our premise was that the best advisors are those who have encountered and managed the same types of business challenges you and your company may be facing. Therefore, we chose to differentiate our services by providing well-known, proven business leaders as consultants. Our talent pool leverages hard-earned, real-world wisdom, experience, and skills to advise and guide you and your team to desired solutions.
The responsibility of a successful consultant is to bring different thought processes to the table. Recently, one of our large enterprise clients praised our team, saying, “We would never have approached the problem that way.” Of course, that Delight statement was music to our ears.
We would love to hear your experiences with consultants. You can post them in the comments section below or email us at [email protected].
We trust this introduction to our new Strategic Consulting division provides new options to help you reposition, secure, expand, and enhance your businesses to flourish in these “new normal” times.
Challenging times can be leveraged for exciting new opportunities. Therefore, we hope each of our articles stimulates ideas for profit-producing initiatives.