AMERICAN PRINTER magazine, a leading source for senior executives seeking business trends and technical innovations shaping the commercial printing industry, today announced the winners of its second annual Environmental Excellence Awards program.
The Environmental Excellence Awards recognize commercial printers who are leading the industry in environmentally conscious manufacturing.
“We are pleased by the enthusiastic response from the industry,” says Scott Bieda, group publisher. “We received many innovative entries across all categories of the competition.”
An independent panel of judges reviewed participants’ production composition, manufacturing process and facility, and personnel to determine the Gold, Silver, Bronze and Certificate of Merit winners. Participants also were invited to vie for “Best Environmentally Produced Product” honors.
The winners of AMERICAN PRINTER’S 2009 Environmental Excellence Awards:
25 Employees or Less
- Gold: MLI Integrated Graphic Solutions (Tampa, FL)
- Silver: Ambit Press/Minuteman Press (Cambridge, MA)
- Bronze: Consolidated Printing Co. (Chicago, IL)
- Certificate of Merit: Mercer Color (Coldwater, OH)
26 to 99 Employees
- Gold: Impress Communications (Chatsworth, CA)
- Silver: Monroe Litho (Rochester, NY)
- Bronze: Digital Hub (Chicago, IL)
- Certificate of Merit: The Advertisers Printing Co. (St. Louis, MO)
100 or More Employees
- Gold: EarthColor (Parsippany, NJ)
- Silver: Jet Lithocolor (Downers Grove, IL)
- Bronze: Williamson Printing Corp. (Dallas, TX)
- Certificate of Merit: John Roberts Co. (Minneapolis, MN)
Best Environmentally Produced Product
- Gold (25 Employees or Less): Consolidated Printing (Chicago, IL)
- Gold (26 to 99 Employees): Paragon Press (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Gold (100 Employees or More): EarthColor (Parsippany, NJ)
- Certificates of Merit: Svec Conway Printing (Silver Springs, MD); Impress Communications (Chatsworth, CA); Williamson Printing Corp. (Dallas, TX)
The awards will be presented at a special ceremony to be held at 4:00 p.m. September 11, 2009, during the PRINT 09 show at McCormick Place in Chicago. Honorees will be highlighted the duration of the show in the GREENspace Pavilion and in a special section in the September 2009 issue of AMERICAN PRINTER.
"Our goal is to heighten the awareness of environmentally sound practices in the commercial printing industry," says Bieda. “We're proud to salute the efforts of these progressive companies.”
Teaming with premier sponsor Kodak, AMERICAN PRINTER, in conjunction with the National Association for Printing Leadership (NAPL), has created the “Environmental Excellence Awards” to recognize commercial printers who are leading the industry in environmentally conscious manufacturing. Gold level sponsors include Agfa, HP, manroland and Presstek.
For more information, contact Nsenga Thompson, associate editor/marketing manager, American Printer, at (312) 840-8415 or email@example.com.