American Printer's mission is to be the most reliable and authoritative source of information on integrating tomorrow's technology with today's management.
May 6, 2013 12:00 AM
Gröbenzell, 5 May 2013. The visitors to the two-day Packaging Inspiration Forum were highly satisfied with the way the event went. The exchange of experience and information on the industry's "hot topics" between brand owners, creative workers, folding-carton manufacturers and suppliers will be continued in further events.
At the Forum in Düsseldorf on 24 and 25 April, some 90 experts from the packaging industry discussed current topics and let themselves be inspired by keynote presentations. The focus was mainly on the subjects of finishing, brand protection, packaging management and digital printing for the packaging industry.
"For me, as a packaging designer, the event was so interesting because it gave me exhaustive information in a short time on technical innovations in printing processes and special finishing techniques," sums up Kirsten Herb-Gorissen from the Gorissen design agency. "There was a great variety of speakers, and the open-minded exchange between the experts gave me a good overview of the opportunities and difficulties of individual process phases. I particularly liked the presentation by Ms. von Buch, because it made it clear to me that producers, traders and we, as designers, have a responsibility towards the consumer - and that we have to do justice to this responsibility. That should be reflected in our work.
"Speakers from the industry described the economic benefits of finishing and gave insights into the decision-making processes regarding investments in finishings and materials.
The technical possibilities and their implementation were then presented and discussed in greater depth in subject-specific break-out sessions that offered the visitors a choice of 6 different topics.
Personal networks: the key to success
A joint evening meal and the organisational framework offered excellent opportunities for bilateral exchanges and the expansion of personal networks: "What happens between the presentations is always particularly important. The overall concept optimally supported this exchange," remarked Jürgen Kleinhans from Bacardi Deutschland, "I'm looking forward to the next event."
"We're delighted with the extremely positive response," sums up Rainer Kuhn, Managing Director of the Alliance. "The feedback from the creative workers and the brand owners, in particular, confirms the need to continue this series of events."The next Packaging Inspiration Forum will be held in the second half of February 2014.The Forum was hosted not only by the PrintCity members Eltosch, Leonhard Kurz, Merck, MetsäBoard, Océ, Sappi Fine Paper Europe and WEILBURGER Graphics, but also by the partners AR Carton, EFI, ESKO, Gietz, Zeller+Gmelin, ProCarton, f:mp. und creativ verpacken.
The keynote presentations:
• Ute von Buch, publisher and editor-in-chief, creativ verpacken: Help, my product's not selling! Packaging as an instrument for specifically addressing consumers
• Jürgen Kleinhans, Senior Production Manager, Bacardi Deutschland: What are packagings worth? The ROI at the point of sale
• Alfred Benda, Europe Procurement, Nestlé: Fit for Purpose Packaging – Selection of fibre-based packaging materials from the point of view of European buyers
• Torsten Drews, Managing Director, Achilles Group: Finishing Sophisticated – Different – Successful???
• Filip Roscam, Creative Design Manager, Color Management Group - Merck The colour pendulum of change! Design as the interplay of values, colours and opposites
The topics of the break-out sessions:
• The VAPack Sample Folder: Offset printing techniques and their implementation
• Form, Design & Finishing: Efficient language of form and its implementation in print
• Digital Printing: New marketing concepts and process optimisation
• Brand Piracy: Effective protection, "fit for purpose"
• Packaging Management: Time-to-market and efficiency improvement through modern IT
• Finishing: Current options as sensible investments in brands
About the PrintCity Alliance
PrintCity is recognised as the 'connection of competence' strategic alliance across the entire printing, packaging & publishing value chain, promoting the value of print & packaging.
We deliver value to the customers by leading global knowledge sharing and networking together. We deliver knowledge through seminars, trade fairs, project studies, publications and electronic platforms.
We want to maximise synergies to grow business effectively and be cost efficient. More information on PrintCity Alliance projects, events and seminars can be found at www.printcity.de.