American Printer's mission is to be the most reliable and authoritative source of information on integrating tomorrow's technology with today's management.
May 8, 2002 12:00 AM
Avery Dennison - Cleveland, OH
Contact: Steve Melfi by e-mail: email@example.com
Manage the P/L and growth initiatives of the $50 MM+ Information Processing Division’s specialty business.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Responsible for overall business and financial P/L management of the IPS Specialty business.
2. Develop and implement business plans and strategies to drive growth in the Engineered Solutions and Mix and Match segments. Track relevant sales, product and account information to maximize business results. Communicate the information on a regular basis with all IPS stakeholders.
3. Assess and quantify new business opportunities, assign and support CPE projects - design, pricing strategy, resourcing, asset selection, and Specialty vendor strategy. Keep projects in forward motion by identifying and removing hurdles.
4. Identify, set direction, and manage technical support of new markets and specialty business development initiatives. Identify new products that have broad market potential and translate them to multiple customers.
5. Build relationships with customers, sales, operations, and suppliers.
6. Manage the use of non-disclosures, customer exclusivity’s, trade secrets and patent applications for new specialty products and projects.
6. Hire, lead, coach and develop Custom Product Engineers, Product Managers and Technical Specialists.
7. Collaborate with the IPS division staff to support customer, product, and business strategies.
8. Establish and manage links with Divisional management ensuring Specialty strategies are in sync with Core strategies.
Strong leadership, strategic thinking and business management abilities
Exceptional customer orientation and relationship building skills Strong technical skills with adhesives, papers, films, converting, and coating technologies
Results oriented - strong initiative to drive to project completion, sales, and business results
Ability to collaborate with others in a team environment
Creative spirit, and desire to take risks
Ability to lead employees, direct projects, and make decisions Solid understanding of the converting market, customer requirements, and market drivers
Able to interpret new technical needs and emerging growth opportunities
Ability to hire and grow employee talent
Solid understanding of business financial information, and ability to form direction based upon results and business needs
Visit the company at www.averydennison.com.