By Patrick Whelan, Great Reach Communications, Inc.
A client of mine has had a great deal of success utilizing the LinkedIn publisher platform as a sales tool. In the spirit of that, I wanted to share the following tips:
1) Know the difference between connections and followers. Grow both. Since followers chose you rather than you chose them (connections), these can be strong leads. LinkedIn gives you the ability to see who your followers are so vetting them is pretty easy.
2) Be an "open networker." Connect with anyone who asks. It helps with your reach via the LinkedIn publisher platform.
3) Know the difference between updates and published posts. Updates keep you top-of-mind but published posts are much more powerful and extend your marketing reach. Published posts reach beyond your connections by allowing you to build a following. And of course, content is king.
4) Publisher platform is the most effective way to showcase your knowledge and expertise. Thought leadership builds credibility and trust. Leverage this. All of your connections and followers get a notice when you publish a post. Published posts are displayed prominently on your profile. They stick around.
5) Published posts are searchable and may benefit from LinkedIn sharing them out beyond your network via their "Pulse" feature.
If you would like to discuss your social media challenges or learn more about the direct mail and online marketing tools we provide printers and mailers, please reach out to me.
Share your thoughts on social media and how you use it as a marketing tool with our readers in the comment box below.